Sunday, April 4, 2021

Interlude: Let's See The Evidence From The Safe

The letters from the safe were my own addition to the campaign clues. I did not like the way some of the information was supposed to flow to the characters and thought I could do better.

  • The campaign calls for the adventurers to contact the authorities with evidence and, well, I did not think the evidence as presented in the book was compelling.
  • The campaign games convene once a month and the continuity suffers as a result of the players having a real world/game word ratio of 716 hours/4 hours nibbling at their brains.
  • I've been a Call of Cthulhu GM since the game was published in the UK, and have a fondness for "hands on" clues the players can pass around and use as discussion points.
And so I got busy with OfficeLibre.

There was a wrinkle in that our virtual desktop of choice, Roll20, only takes such documents into the player journals as jpgs, and the scale reduction is fierce, so to maintain readability I had to use 36 pt type and size my paper so the letters would fit on a single page, export the documents to PDF, then import the PDFs, which converts them to jpgs and minisizes them.

Worth the effort, I reckon. In real life the paper would have been distressed with coffee-cup rings, scribbled warehouse nonsense, accidental tears and so forth. This takes too much time to represent digitally for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment